Re: MSXML Parser V3.0 released

Subject: Re: MSXML Parser V3.0 released
From: Rick Geimer <Rick.Geimer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 10:19:09 -0800
Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Kay Michael writes:
>  > The xsl:apply-templates element may itself contain xsl:template elements,
>
> This is really terrible. Right-thinking people should rise up against
> this gross, unnecessary, extension. Can anyone suggest a problem which
> can be solved using this technique, and no other in standard XSLT?

Actually, I think they kept this in there for backward compatibility
with scripts written for their previous XSL processor. However, they
should have disabled this "feature" when the namespace URI matches that
of the latest spec, in my opinion. Oh well...

Rick Geimer
National Semiconductor
rick.geimer@xxxxxxx