Re: MSXML abominations happening for a reason

Subject: Re: MSXML abominations happening for a reason
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:10:54 -0700 (MST)
> If XSLT is too difficult or has anything else wrong with it, why not
> implement something else, rather than an incompatible 'extended
> subset'?  So, sorry Mike, but I still think MS deserves a bashing for
> not doing this properly.

I wasn't defending Microsoft or anyone else; check the subject line of my
post ("abominations").

I am actually just trying to extend the blame to include not only
Microsoft but the W3C and the XSL WG for inventing specs that don't
balance what is "right" with what the target audience -- people who want
to style and present XML data, most often in the context of a web browser
-- is able to handle (i.e., what is "easy"). They should have seen this
coming because it is exactly what happened with HTML, when Netscape was
the evil corporate monster extending and ignoring all the standards.

   - Mike