RE: ANN: Evaluation Version of RenderX XSL FO Formatter

Subject: RE: ANN: Evaluation Version of RenderX XSL FO Formatter
From: "David Tolpin" <dvd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 22:57:37 +0400
>  a) people like the thing, get stuck into it, and we start having
> these nonsensical conversations about "oh you mean *that* draft of the
> language"
>
>  b) no-one uses it, as the language it implements isn't currently
> documented, and RenderX fail to get the feedback they deserve

c) people spend time to read the accompanying notes carefully and discover
that
the product supports the outdated draft and is therefore a giveaway. They
assess
the quality of the product and are ready to purchase a version that supports
the current
draft (or March 2000, at least). The version supporting the March, 2000 will
be
released by the end of July.

The version that supports the current draft will not be available for free.

The evaluation version is a powerful tool regardless of the draft revision
it supports. It demonstrates clearly enough what can be done with XSL FO.
Noone is intended to use the evaluation
version in commercial environment, and such use is explicitely bannered by
the license agreement.

David Tolpin
RenderX