Re: Problems with multiple xsl:param

Subject: Re: Problems with multiple xsl:param
From: Niall Kavanagh <kavanagh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 10:34:07 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Juergen Hermann wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jun 2000 15:33:46 -0400 (EDT), Niall Kavanagh wrote:
> >I'm using XALAN-C and running into a bit of a problem.
> What version? 0.30.0 or CVS?

0.30.0. I tried checking out CVS code anonymously, but it wasn't
working. Any pointers? If I can get my hands on it I'll certainly give it
a try.
> >I've set serveral parameters in my application that does the 
> Parameters & XObjects have quite some bugs in the release version, that 
> are fixed by now in the current source.
> If you set your params by using XObjects, change that to using 
> DOM_String and XPath expressions, i.e. not a XString, but a DOM_String 
> containing "'foo'" (note the inner apostrophe). That works with 0.30.0 
> as released.

I am using DOMStrings, and I am enclosing the "strings" with the inner

It looks like Xalan is taking the parameters, because depending on the
order I declare them in my stylesheet, they are available to the

<xsl:param name="param1" />
<xsl:param name="serviceID" />
<xsl:param name="deviceID" />	

Will set the value of $param1, $serviceID, and $deviceID to whatever I set
"param1" to.

If I declare "serviceID" first, then they all get that value
(serviceID). The values are the exact values I set in my application. All
are declared globally, right after my <xsl:stylesheet ... > and before any

Thanks for the help!

Niall Kavanagh

 XSL-List info and archive:

Current Thread