RE: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments
From: DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:30:01 -0000
> do you use xt:node-set() or saxon:line-number() ? Since I know the
> answer is yes, I'm not sure what you have against evil-empire:script?

In 1.1 I will have xsl:node-set () equivalent.
In 1.1 I will have xsl:document()

I recognise my need (in 3 places) for saxon:line-number() and
would support its addition to the base language as a case in point.
 Its the idea of any non xsl vocab inside my stylesheet that I
object to.

> > I had my last mail quarantined,
> so it's not just me. I wrote to postmaster@... and complained.
> Why are they puuting xsl in quarantine?

<grin>My guess? Because I used x x x as a dummy namespace</grin>
I wonder if this will get through?

> > Bring the common ones into mainstream XSL
> > and keep out scripting.
> but waiting for XSLT version n+1 will always be too slow.

for some folk, agreed. I'm more patient.

Regards DaveP