Re: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:12:57 GMT
> I recognise my need (in 3 places) for saxon:line-number() and
> would support its addition to the base language as a case in point.

ah, so that's the criterion, only extensions that you've used should be
let in:-)

>  Its the idea of any non xsl vocab inside my stylesheet that I
> object to.

I don't really think there is much special about the distinction of
being in the same file. If it's some script inside an msxml:script
element or an extension function accessed via a java: URI pointing at
some class that is hopefully on my java classpath, the effect is the
same: it will either work or it won't depending on circumstances.
So I don't see stylesheets using msxml:script as any less portable than
an xsl 1.0 stylesheet using the XSL engine's current java binding to
an extension function.

David