RE: [xsl] xslt on server-side vs. client-side

Subject: RE: [xsl] xslt on server-side vs. client-side
From: "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsberger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 14:24:55 -0600
> Just to chime in and see if I'm understanding the data side of the
> discussion (not the 'green' part).

Looks like a pretty good summary although I didn't spend enough time reading
to see if I correlated all your points properly...

> Is there really a generic answer to this question?

Most certainly not (which is why my original response tried to restrict the
discussion to a small subset).

> If I want
> users to be able to have the real data, in XML format, then no matter
> which way you do it above, you must have a mechanism to say "if they
> come at my web-site from this entry-point, they get XML".

When I've had that requirement I usually do it by serving the XML through a
different (most likely  authenticated) port/HTTP path than the regular HTML.
Most often, for me, the requirement for the "raw" XML is a B2B issue and not
a B2C issue (in the generic sense).