Re: [xsl] attribute order

Subject: Re: [xsl] attribute order
From: Daniel Veillard <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:20:12 +0100
On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 12:52:03PM -0000, Michael Kay wrote:
> > Actually a sentence making this explicit was added in XML 2e:
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006-review.html#sec-starttags
> >
> > ... Note that the order of attribute specifications in a start-tag or
> > empty-element tag is not significant.
> >

> But did they get round to saying that the order of elements *WAS*
> significant?

  3.2.1 Element content
  The definition of content model
  "Definition: In this case, the constraint includes a content model,
   a simple grammar governing the allowed types of the child elements
   and the order in which they are allowed to appear."

Sounds to me that it implies that element are supposed to be ordered.

Anyway, you know that the way to request an improvement of the wording is
to contact xml-editor@xxxxxx, and that xsl-list is not the proper way to
provide such feedback.

  Send you request there and it will be addressed. Or raise it at the
Plenary next week if you feel it's urgent.

Daniel

veillard@xxxxxxxxxx  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/