SV: [xsl] Dynamic XSLT based on User Input (SAME xsl file)

Subject: SV: [xsl] Dynamic XSLT based on User Input (SAME xsl file)
From: "Marcus Andersson" <marcan@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 08:35:55 +0200
2) and 3) is out of the question.

1) 4) kan be solved if you pass parameters to IXSLProcessor and invoke
the transformation on the processor instead of via the simpler
transformNode (or transformNodeToObject).

// Create and load xml document
var xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument.4.0");
xmlDoc.async = false;
xmlDoc.resolveExternals = false;
xmlDoc.load("urltoyourxml");

// Create and load xsl document
var xslDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument.4.0");
xslDoc.async = false;
xslDoc.resolveExternals = false;
xslDoc.load("urltoyourxslt");

// Create a XSL Template and set it's stylesheet to the loaded xsl doc.
var xslTemplate = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XSLTemplate.4.0");
xslTemplate.stylesheet = xslDoc;

// Create the processor
var proc = xslTemplate.createProcessor();
// Add parameters (params can be dom nodes, booleans, integers and
strings)
proc.addParameter("aParam", myStringValue);
// Invoke processor
proc.input = xmlDoc;
proc.transform();
var result = proc.output;

In your stylesheet you add the following element as a child to the
stylesheet element:
<xsl:param name="aParam" select="aDefaultValue"/>

/Marcus