[xsl] Too slow to process XML file over 1MB

Subject: [xsl] Too slow to process XML file over 1MB
From: "Jack Yang" <yukui@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 23:16:19 -0500
Deal All:

I followed the instruction as specified by Microsoft MSDN website
"http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/htm/xsl_interactive_1hmb.asp"; to build up a book search ASP application. The catalog.asp works perfectly if I use Microsoft sample XML file books.xml which can be found on "http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/htm/sdk_booksxml_30rw.asp";. However, it doesn't seem to work at all when I added many more book entries into books.xml. I added 1000 more book entries into the xml file and the addition makes file bigger than 1MB. After the addition, the webbrowser basically stopped responding whenever I ran the catalog.asp. According the MSDN, this ASP file has lots of performance advantages by using XSLProcessor, but if it can't even process a 1000 books XML file, what benefits XML or XSL can bring to me. Is there any limitation about the usage of XML?

Thanks a lot

Jack