[xsl] Is there a reason for not using XSLT 2.0 as a default

Subject: [xsl] Is there a reason for not using XSLT 2.0 as a default
From: Daniel O'Donnell <daniel.odonnell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:26:01 -0700
Hi,
I have a question that calls for informed opinion: is there a reason for not using xslt 2.0 for most processing tasks? I'm thinking especially privatish, and pre-processed things rather than on-the-fly commercial applications.
The standard is now pretty stable, correct? and the processors seems to be working well. Saxon 8b-3 is very good, and since Saxon 6.5.3 has a bug that seems to stop it writing properly in Service pack two XP machines, it may be a good time to switch anyway.
No doubt a trivial question, but I'd be interested in hearing what people think. I'm engaged in a couple of new project involving xslt where the question of 1.0 or 2.0 is real.
-dan
--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Associate Professor of English