RE: [xsl] odf2xhtml: Processing nested element content seperatly ?

Subject: RE: [xsl] odf2xhtml: Processing nested element content seperatly ?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 18:11:46 +0100
> Also, while you show fragments of your source and the result
> you don't like, you have not shown the result you would like,
> nor have you shared the XSLT you are starting from. These,
> also, will help the members of the list provide answers you
> may find useful.

This is all very true, but to be fair, he wasn't asking how to solve a
coding problem, he was asking how to define a mapping between two data
models, and preferably how to make that mapping reversible. To which the
only answer I can come up with is: it isn't easy, and it may be impossible.
(Actually I wrote a PhD thesis many moons ago which said much the same
thing, though not of those two particular data models, and I said it in
100,000 words rather than eight.)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/