Re: [xsl] Announcement: Dexter - XSL Transform Generation Tool

Subject: Re: [xsl] Announcement: Dexter - XSL Transform Generation Tool
From: "Michael Dykman" <mdykman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:37:05 -0500
On Jan 16, 2008 4:29 PM, Bjorndahl, Brad
<brad.bjorndahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I went to your google page. I hope you understand that my comments are meant to be constructive and supportive.
>
> I read a lot of your description of Dexter and I simply don't have a clue about what it does. Maybe that's because I don't have a clue in general; I am just a 'semi-programmer' learning as I go and on my own. Still, nowhere do you explain what someone can get from your product and there are no examples. It is all very intriguing and hints at very interesting things, but I just don't get it. I certainly don't want to 'dis' someone for putting  a lot of effort into something for this community. I think there are a lot of us amateurs reading this list so, for us, can you step back from your work and try to describe it from an amateur's point of view?
>
> Also, at the risk of being labelled a snob, I need to tell you that most places where you put "it's" (= "it is"), you should put "its". I'm not a snob; I'm a technical writer. That's another reason I have difficulty with your descriptions.
>
> Brad

Thanks for the feedback.. I appreciate that it is not the easiest
thing to describe..

At it's simplest, it allows a user to generate XSLT stylesheets from
example input and bind it with arbitrary XML data.

For an example, have a look at

  http://dexter-xsl.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/docs/docster.html.

It looks like a normal page fresh from the dsign shop (although my
designs are ugly.. not the point).  View the source and you will see
special attributes attached to many of the elements.  From this
'source'., I use Dexter generate the XSLT which formats the rest of
the documentation, like.

http://dexter-xsl.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/docs/index.xml

Does that help at all?

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@xxxxxxxxx

 - All models are wrong.  Some models are useful.