Re: SGML declarations for subdocuments

Subject: Re: SGML declarations for subdocuments
From: Adam Di Carlo <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 13 Oct 1999 11:04:34 -0400
Norman Gray <norman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Using SGMLDECL in the catalog doesn't work (all this is described on
> the SP pages[1], as well as the Oasis Technical Resolution on
> catalogs[2]).  That means that _everything_ is read using that SGML
> declaration, including things which shouldn't be.  This seems to
> confound Jade's DSSSL processing.  SGMLDECL in a delegated catalog has
> no effect.
>
> Using DTDDECL seemed a good idea, but SP seems not to support it.

>From the Debian standpoint, I would like very much to be able to
associate a declaration with a DTD (DTDDECL).  Right now we avoid
SGMLDECL and DTDDECL because they don't suit our purposes, leaving it
to the user to set the DECL when SP's default isn't right for them.

So consider this a "request for implementation of DTDDECL".

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>