Re: XML/XSL on the client for dynamic UI

Subject: Re: XML/XSL on the client for dynamic UI
From: disco <disco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:10:32 -0400 (EDT)
> I've not really investigated beyond just a quick glance, but isn't XUL
> (eXtensible User-interface Language) supposed to support these ideas?  I'm
> not sure if this is true, but I remember reading that the Mozilla group is
> strongly considering using XUL to define the browser interface.  Anyone else
> see anything along these lines?

I've been doing some work with the Mozilla project, and I can confirm
this. All of their user interface stuff is cross-platform-ified using XUL,
and styled by CSS, with functionality provided by JavaScript and some
infrastructure to connect XUL/JS events to compiled code.

You can have a look at Ben Goodger's XUL work (he is the accepted XUL guru
of the Mozilla community, as far as I can tell) at:

  http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~rgoodger/lizard/

Just browse through the images there.

Of course, I don't know what this has to do with XSL either...

Dan