RE: [xsl] How to specify a path to a node in a nodeset using a variable

Subject: RE: [xsl] How to specify a path to a node in a nodeset using a variable
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:52:10 -0000
> David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> and Mike Kay had the
> following suggestion:
> >
> >select="xalan:evaluate(concat('$container/',$path))"/>
>
> I think I am missing some concept or maybe I have not explained myself
> clearly.
> >
> If were to concat $container and $path, what would happen here?

The suggestion was not to concatenate $container and $path, it was to
concatenate '$container/' and $path, that is to construct a string
consisting of the string '$container/' followed by (the value of $path
converted to a string); the resulting string will contain an XPath
expression which the evaluate() function then evaluates.

Mike Kay
Software AG