Re: [xsl] bug in LibXSLT???

Subject: Re: [xsl] bug in LibXSLT???
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 01:00:35 -0800 (PST)
--- S Woodside <sbwoodside@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thursday, March 6, 2003, at 04:09  AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >   Well can you provide a concise example ?
> OK, I reduced the input and code down a lot. It still displays the
> potential bug. If I'm screwing something up, I'd love to know what.

I managed to simplify your example a little bit more and now we have
another, probably related problem.

This is the source xml document:

    <element name="a">
        <element name="b">
            <element name="c">
                <attribute name="d">

This transformation:

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="";
version="1.0" >
  <xsl:output omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>
  <xsl:template match="attribute">
        <xsl:call-template name="RNGPathToSelf"/>
  <xsl:template name="RNGPathToSelf">
    <xsl:variable name="vAncestors"
    <xsl:for-each select="$vAncestors">
      <xsl:value-of select="."/>

when applied on the above source xml document produces this result
(surrounding whitespace skipped to conserve space):

As we see, the following code

    <xsl:for-each select="$vAncestors">
    <xsl:value-of select="."/>

does not output in document order the values of the nodes contained in
the nodeset.

All other XSLT processors I've tried produce the result as per spec:

Dimitre Novatchev. -- the home of FXSL

Do you Yahoo!?