Re: [xsl] xpath analyser in XSL-T 1 or 2

Subject: Re: [xsl] xpath analyser in XSL-T 1 or 2
From: "bryan rasmussen" <rasmussen.bryan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:08:49 +0200
On 4/2/07, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm currently looking to see if anyone has every made an XPath > analyser in XSL-T either version that would do the following:

writing an xpath parser in xslt (even 2.0) would be a bit tiresome (but
someone will no doubt do it)  an alternative is used in the xqxml
system (http://monet.nag.co.uk/xq2xml//index.html)

This sounds like a promising approach. When I first saw the address I thought it would have something to do with monetDB xquery, but I guess on closer reading this is not the case. So, if I were using this in Exist I guess something like this:

Do an Xquery with Xpath X,
pass Xpath X  to the Xq2xml get back xml, pass xml as a parameter to
the processing stylesheet that shows the results of my query.
Generate form with instructions:

Make Element part of query more specific
---*-------------- (any element)
Choose new attribute
--name--------------

Choose new attribute value

------blah----------

Any input on this? seem reasonably methodology (given of course better
ways of describing the constituent parts of a query so that users will
better understand them)

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen

is to call out to an external xpath (xquery) parser which returns an xml
view of the parse tree, which can then be analysed/transformed at will
within an XSL stylsheet,

see also Michael's comments re xqueryx (the xml syntax of xquery)

http://saxonica.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2007/1/20/2665644.html

David