Re: [xsl] XSLT functions for JSON

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT functions for JSON
From: "Jesper Tverskov" <jesper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 07:54:13 +0200
This thread is about the need for functions in XSLT making it easy to
transform relevant XML to JSON and json2xml.

We should not discuss JSON versus XML.  JSON is mostly relevant for
AJAX based web application in order to optimize them for speed and for
an easier interface.

At the beginning of the thread I proposed 3 functions, a general
json2xml and a pair of xml2json and json2xml making back and forth
transformation possible.

The back and forth is far the most difficult and maybe not that useful
except that it so to speak is proof of the pudding.

Still it would be nice to have jason2xml (FXSL is one example) and
also xml2jason for data-oriented markup when it makes sense. And maybe
we should just accept that back and forth transformation is only
possible and relevant for the most data-oriented and json friendly
XML.

Cheers,
Jesper Tverskov
http://www.xmlplease.com