Re: [xsl] Multi part mime message in XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] Multi part mime message in XSLT
From: "Colin Adams" <colinpauladams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 14:50:30 +0100
Gestalt doesn't do anything with the media-type attribute (it probably
should for http, but there is no requirement in the XSLT and
serializations specs).

For mailto (which Gestalt does support), I think it would be rather
difficult for the XSLT processor to insert the header in the right
location, so this is really documentation. The XSLT programmer will be
responsible for ensuring the correct headers and body.

An alternative approach would be a custom serializer - but this would
be even more processor specific (that is, it would be guaranteed
non-portable, whereas the approach I outline here is portable across
all XSLT 2.0 processors that support the mailto URI scheme).