[xsl] Display link text as a hyperlink

Subject: [xsl] Display link text as a hyperlink
From: Brent Solly <ultra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 08:48:34 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 16:56:23 +0200
To:  xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [xsl] Display link text as a hyperlink

Brent Solly wrote:
> I have an xml file that contains this character sequence: 'www.gamefaqs.com' .
>
> Primary Problem:
> After I convert the 'www' text to hyperlink format, the xsl displays it as plain text, but I would like to display it has a hyperlink.
>
> Secondary:
> I am aware that the url may also contain subfolders like: www.gamefaqs.com/console/n64   OR different a suffix like www.gamefaqs.ca., but right now I'll focus on .com, but feel free to make suggestions :) .

> <xsl:stylesheet
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
> version="2.0">

>       <xsl:value-of select=
>         "concat(substring-before($outputString,$target),
>                $replacement)"/>

xsl:value-of creates a text node while you seem to want to create a HTML
hypertext element i.e. an '<a href="...">...</a>' element.
So you need to change your code to create such elements.

As your stylesheet has version="2.0" you seem to use XSLT 2.0 so I also
wonder why you do not make use of regular expressions to find those
strings you want to convert. Do you use XSLT 2.0?

--

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

I believe the production environment uses XSLT 2.0, but I am definitely using XSLT 1.0 locally.  I was able to solve other problems using 1.0, but this has been a tricky one.  Looking into upgrading to XSLT 2.0.