Re: [xsl] Nicer way to change context-node than xsl:for-each ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Nicer way to change context-node than xsl:for-each ?
From: Mukul Gandhi <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 16:22:57 +0530
On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 3:55 PM, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> <xsl:template match="foo">
>> B <xsl:variable name="x" select="*[1]" />
>> B <xsl:value-of select="$x" />
>> B <!-- can do other things, on "x" -->
>> </xsl:template>
>
> the for-each wasn't needed for value-of but it is needed to change the
> context for call-template, which the original post indicated was also
> required.

seems, I misunderstood the requirements.

If a change in context was required for call-template, I might have
modeled this, by having another parameter for *[1] on call-template
(which might be a better design decision, as it encourages loose
coupling!), instead of modeling this requirement as a loop.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi