Re: [xsl] Nicer way to change context-node than xsl:for-each ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Nicer way to change context-node than xsl:for-each ?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 11:14:51 GMT
> If a change in context was required for call-template, I might have
> modeled this, by having another parameter for *[1] on call-template
> (which might be a better design decision, as it encourages loose
> coupling!), instead of modeling this requirement as a loop.

yes or make it a match template instead of named. But still It's not
uncommon for me to find myself with a largeish called template with,
within its code lots of implicit assumtions on the current nde. And when
you find yourself needing to call that in another context wrapping it in
xsl:for-each is often the least intrusive change.

David