Re: [xsl] Nicer way to change context-node than xsl:for-each ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Nicer way to change context-node than xsl:for-each ?
From: Mukul Gandhi <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 21:39:18 +0530
On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 9:25 PM, Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> The use of an <xsl:function> to produce content is simple:
>
> B <xsl:sequence select="my:foo(bar)"/>

sure. but can something like following, be simulated with XPath 2
function calls?

<xsl:variable name="x">
  <xsl:call-template ... />
</xsl:variable>

I think, we cannot.

> Didn't you know that <xsl:apply-templates> can be used in pull-style
> processing? Modes and uniquely namespaced nodes should light a bulb :)

I am not sure, if that's entirely correct. Working on
xsl:apply-templates with modes looks to me semi pull style, and not a
pull style in entirety!

> Anyone (who hasn't already come to this conclusion) can find all facts
> and conclude that the following is not needed:

That gives me kind of a laugh :)

My suggestions, may not be entirely correct from design point of view.
But saying, that I am entirely wrong, amuses me (my proposal is still
a XSLT 2.x feature design discussion!) :)

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi