Re: [xsl] Will every XSLT processor reduce upper-case('ß') to SS ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Will every XSLT processor reduce upper-case('ß') to SS ?
From: Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 15:41:48 +0100
Since April 4, 2008 Unicode contains the character 'LATIN CAPITAL
LETTER SHARP S' (U+1E9E) due to an initiative of the German Standards
institute (DIN). Addition 4:2008 to the standard ISO/IEC 10646
appeared on June 23, 2008, which provides sort of an "international
blessing". The ultimate authority for German spelling is the "Rat f|r
deutsche Rechtschreibung", which hasn't endorsed this novelty yet;
thus the rule to replace "_" with "SS" is still valid officially.

It is absolutely wrong to replace '_' by a single 'S'.

Personal remark: Practical use typically precedes an official
amendment of a rule; hence it would be advisable to use U+1E9E today,
provided your font has a fitting glyph. Otherwise, you may have to
stick with the "SS" replacement. - It is downright ugly to see a
single '_' among all upper case lettering, therefore avoid it.

-W