Re: [xsl] Escaping Characters in replace()

Subject: Re: [xsl] Escaping Characters in replace()
From: Nathan Tallman <ntallman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 15:31:21 -0400
Thank you, David and Ivan. It did, of course, work... I just had more
problems than I thought. The code you helped with, works in situations
like:

    <unittitle>"The Atomic Bomb Foreshadowed: 1700 Years Ago".
1947.</unittitle>

However, I also have to account for situations like:
    <unittitle>
        <title render="doublequote">The Atomic Bomb Foreshadowed: 1700
Years Ago</title>. 1947.</unitdate>
    </unittitle>

There are separate instructions that insert " before the title/text()
and ." after title/text(), which results in:
    "The Atomic Bomb Foreshadowed: 1700 Years Ago.". 1947.

In this scenario, how can I get rid of the extraneous period? Should I
test for a unittitle/title that is immediately followed by a period?
If so, how would I do that? Testing on unittitle/title won't let me
change anything outside the node, like the extra period.

Many, many thanks for your wisdom.

Nathan