Re: [xsl] Keys with duplicates should be simple

Subject: Re: [xsl] Keys with duplicates should be simple
From: Graydon <graydon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 19:11:01 -0500
On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 03:41:24PM -0500, Wendell Piez scripsit:
> In English, "breakfast except donuts" should indicate (as you remind
> us in that thread) "breakfast except (its) donuts", while I read it as
> "(my) breakfast except (my) donuts". Or XPath "$breakfast except
> child::donut". (It turns out that being mentally able to translate
> abbreviated XPath into long XPath is also a useful skill.)

I still want a better syntax for using negated except in predicates,
such as:

div[not(* except (heading,para))]

("div elements which have only heading and para child elements" only
it's really "div elements where none of the child elements are anything
except heading and para")

which is extremely useful if you're trying to separate elements into
"normal children, process normally" and "this element is a special case"
but admit I can't think of one.

-- Graydon