[stella] MultiSprite... game update (playable!)

Subject: [stella] MultiSprite... game update (playable!)
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 19:16:45 +0200 (METDST)
Here is the first playable release of my ex-"Multi Sprite demo", now "Multi
Sprite game" until I've found a name I like :)
This is definitely not a demo, rather an early alpha release.

Things changed since last update:

- Player control with acceleration/deceleration. Please note that there are
three parameters defining player's behavior (acceleration rate, deceleration
rate, maximum velocity) and those chosen for this release could not be
definitive. Please tell me if you like it this way...

- Energy bar, thought now there are infinite lives...

- One line of balls was dropped for memory/time/space on screen reasons.

- A nice graphical effect for the 'frozen' balls.

- Many 'hidden' adjustments in the code, including a 160 bytes table used to
convert from X positions to FC_X positions that takes the place of the well
known routine. That was done to save RAM and CPU time, things more important
than ROM at the moment. Including tables, now the code takes about 2.2Kb, I
can't almost believe this!

Comments are welcome as always.

Ciao,
 P.