Re: [stella] Whodunit?

Subject: Re: [stella] Whodunit?
From: crackers@xxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 23:57:29 -0400 (EDT)
In article <3416E031.3026F645@xxxxxxx>, you wrote:

>Also, has anyone decided to have a go at a virtual pet game for the VCS?
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

As a matter of fact... I've got serious plans to do a virtual pet for the
2600.

It'll be a pretty easy programme screen wise.

But I want to check out a few virtual pet machines first to get an idea
of what features work and what ones don't.

I've also been talking to a virtual pet otaku (well... okay, maybe he's
not quite otaku, but he's pretty darn close) to get some ideas.
He's telling me that the next generation of virtual pets will be
able to interface with other virtual pets and they will fight.
(Sheeesh... I can see it now, Virtual Cock Fighting). You win, your
pet gets stronger. You lose, your pet gets dead. Instead of trying to
raise a well adjusted v-pet, you're trying to raise a killing machine.

I've been trying to figure out some way to do this on a 2600 that won't
require too much hardware. Maybe network two 2600s together throught the
joystick ports. I dunno. The cart would have to be battery backed up
too for this.

I think I'll just stick with a normal Virtual Pet.

                                 CRACKERS
                         (Virtual petshop from hell!!!)

--

Accordionist - Wethifl Musician - Atari 2600 Collector | /\/\
*NEW CrAB URL* http://www.hwcn.org/~ad329/crab.html ***| \^^/