[stella] Domino

Subject: [stella] Domino
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 20:53:03 +0100
This is nothing original and I havn't had much time lately to do
the finetuning, but, hey, it's better than nothing. :-)

It's a Ishido clone and I couldn't come up with a good replacement name
for that. That's why it is called Domino at the moment.

Push reset to start a new game. Now you have to place the 66 hidden
stones near the stones, that are already on the board:

To place it near one stone, the new stone has to have the same topcolour
or the same bottomcolour as the existing one. (1 point)
To place it near two stones, one of them has to have the same topcolour
and the other has to have the same bottomcolour as the new stone. (2 points)
To place it near three stones, two of them have to the same topcolour
and one has to be the same bottomcolour as the new stone, or vice versa.
(4 points)
To place it in the center of four stones, two of them have to have the
same topcolour and two have to have the same bottomcolour as the new stone.
(double score + 8 points)
Try to maximize the score. :-)

The colours are chosen for PAL. On the emulator in NTSC mode the six colours
are a bit hard to tell apart. It would be nice, if someone can try the
game out on a real NTSC VCS and tell me, if I have to change them.

What's missing most is a better random generator for the initial board
setup. Other suggestions or bug reports are very wellcome.

Thanks, Eckhard Stolberg