RE: [stella] correct behavior of multi.bin (Bob Colbert's game)

Subject: RE: [stella] correct behavior of multi.bin (Bob Colbert's game)
From: Robert "A." Colbert <colbertb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 08:06:48 -0600
>1. Objects disappearing off the right side of the screen.  With PCAE they
>show up again on the left side.  With z26 they disappear.  Which is correct?

The objects should wrap around on the left side, just like in PCAE.

>2. With both PCAE and z26 the first few pixels of the ground appear black
>instead of brown. Is this correct?

Yes, what you see on PCAE is exactly how the 2600 looks.  In this case, it is because I changed the background color too late in the scanline.  After moving the instructions that change the color to the beginning of the line, the black pixels are gone.

Wanna write a game for the Atari 2600?
Check out

Archives (includes files) at
Unsub & more at
| Stella documentary at                |
| Nick's VCS links via      |