Re: [stella] some more optimization tips

Subject: Re: [stella] some more optimization tips
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 19:48:50 +1000
I got to thinking about scoring routines, and am assuming that it is the
norm to use BCD (binary coded decimal) for this?  If its not, I reckon it
should be.  BCD makes decimal arithmetic a cinch.  One undocumented opcode
that I heard about yonks ago, but can't find now, is one that exchanges the
high and low nibble in a word.  This would be ideal for optimising a BCD
display routine.  Anyone know it?

Those interested in (gasp) dabbling in undocumented instructions might be
interested in this site...  http://wwwstud.ira.uka.de/~s_tomczy/opcodes.html
Looks like some interesting stuff there, mmmh?

Enjoy!