Re: [stella] Beat 'em up 05

Subject: Re: [stella] Beat 'em up 05
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 15:14:37 +0200
At 00:24 06.08.98 -0400, you wrote:
>Give me some ideas of what kinda restrictions I need to work within and
>I'll draw ya something HI-ya!

That would be very nice! I wrote myself a converter program, that
takes PCX files with 320*200 pixels and 256 colours, so I would
prefer this format. All colours between 0 and 127 are regarded as
pixels, all colours between 128 and 255 are background. I can send
you PCX files with a NTSC or PAL VCS palette, if you want me to.

The sprites are 42 pixels high and 48 pixels wide. Currently I'm
using monochrome graphics, but if you can come up with good
colour-sliced animation frames, I would take those too. It would
be nice, if you could arrange the sprites in a rectangular pattern
with no spacing between them, since my converter reads them this way.

I haven't fully decided yet what moves I want to use or how many
animation frames I would need per move, but I can fit four monochrome
sprites in one kb. So there should be enough room for about 80 frames
in the game. I would like to mirror the spites for the fighters facing
in different directions, so you should take that into account.

I'm looking forward to what you can come up with.

Thanks, Eckhard Stolberg