[stella] Save Mary/VCS

Subject: [stella] Save Mary/VCS
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 23:53:29 -0700
I have until the end of July to complete editing Stella at 20.  That leaves
only seven weeks to go.

There are some games I can't get direct screenshot footage of, but would
like to.  These include:

Klax (NTSC)		I could run it through a scan converter on the PC running an
emu, but I'd prefer not to.
Save Mary		I don't even have a ROM image.  Russ has a copy, but I forgot to
try to get it dumped
			when I saw him in Chicago.  So I can't even run it on the emu.
Stunt Cycle(2k)	I know the ROM image is out there.  I used to have one and
lost it somehow.

Chris Wilkson was working on Save Mary for me, but it looks like he won't
be able to get to it in time.

If anyone can help me obtain a ROM image of the latter two, and, hopefully,
a working board for Save Mary, I'll give you a free copy of the final game
and CD we're working on, as well as a credit for your work.  I'll also
offer you a signature certificate with all the guests that are appearing in
the final interview session coming up.

I'll offer the same to anyone who can get me a modified Atari 2600 that
outputs Y/C (SVHS) and separate audio for each channel.  Right now I have a
7800 that Jerry Jessop modified for me but it's composite video, mono
audio, and exhibits a weird interference pattern even though it isn't RF.
I'd hate to have to use it for the documentary.  He's had a 2600 of mine
for over a year and a half but is too busy with work at Sony to complete
his modifications.  In order to get a really clean signal some
amplification circuits need to be designed.  You can't really use the docs
that have been floating around the internet and acheive the highest quality
signal that is theoretically possible.  I'd like to be able to offer the
best screenshot footage possible on the tapes, with "stereo" HiFi for the
audio (which should be an interesting experience to hear).

--Glenn

== Glenn Saunders  --3D Graphics / Videography / Web development--        ==
== krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698      ==
== Cyberpunks homepage      http://cyberpunks.atari.org	                 ==