Re: [stella] Tetris brainstorming

Subject: Re: [stella] Tetris brainstorming
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 14:52:22 +0100
> Am I missing something or would this accomplish what Colin has done
without
> introducing any flicker?

AFAIK this is the same method that Colin is using. But back when he
wrote Tetris26 he only had an older version of PCAE running on a
slow 486. Therefore he wouldn't notice all the small problem that
his game has on a real VCS or on a more modern emulator. I think
the flickering occurs because Tetris26 doesn't do the same number of
scanlines in every frame.

And for using the player graphics as collumn seperators: The
downside of this method would be that you can't generate a
two player version with it, and that you can't use the player
graphics to highlight the falling piece anymore. Highlighting
the falling piece so that you can see how long you have control
over it, when it lying on the bottom of the bin and you want to
slide it under some other pieces, is a very helpfull feature in
Tetris, IMHO.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg