Re: [stella] missile vs. player copies

Subject: Re: [stella] missile vs. player copies
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 23:53:13 +0100
Manuel Polik wrote:
MP> I think _yes_, but in 'Dolphin' they made it in such a tricky way: the #
MP> copies of the missile are used only in scanlines above (dolphin) or
MP> below (kraken) of what I think is the player sprite. The player and
MP> missile sprites are totally *melted* - Awesome, isn't it?

MP> (uhm... short reminder: I'm guessing all this by looking at the game,
MP> not the code :-))

I manipulated z26 a bit to disable some objects, and it
showed that the dolphin and the octopus are drawn only
by using one player object each. The barrier
(seahorses?) uses missile 0 and that arrow is drawn
with the ball.

But i still do not understand how exactly they managed
to draw those extra large objects.

Thomas

-