Re: [stella] Qb: v1.00 (alpha #1)

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: v1.00 (alpha #1)
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:25:34 +1100
> There's always room for improvement, it's just a matter
> of time and experience.
>
> Just to prove you're wrong: (from DiStella)
>        LDA    #$08    ;2
>        JSR    LFA60   ;6
> LFA5E: LDA    #$08    ;2
> LFA60: STA    $E8     ;3
>
> And this happens more than once :)
>
> Another simple example:
>        LDX    #$00    ;2
>        LDA    #$00    ;2

Thanks for the above.  These are interesting byte-level optimisations which
I will hold-back on for now.  They both create a dependency between the code
and values used for creature types.  Not a serious dependency, but these
things are to be avoided until the last possible moment.

Attached, my source code - this will be easier than going through
disassemblies - but things like the above will probably be harder to spot,
unless you use a listing output - which is probably a good idea anyway.

Cheers

see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
                                                              @--> v