Re: [stella] Qb: v1.00 (alpha #1)

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: v1.00 (alpha #1)
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:59:43 +0100
At 09.25 28/02/01 +1100, Andrew Davie wrote:

Thanks for the above.  These are interesting byte-level optimisations which
I will hold-back on for now.  They both create a dependency between the code
and values used for creature types.  Not a serious dependency, but these
things are to be avoided until the last possible moment.

I did these kind of things very heavily to add the final touches to Oystron, and now it is almost impossible to modify that code without breaking something. (Well, Jim Nitchals was a master of optimisation and I learned every kind of trick from him.. sigh).

I'd like to see if anybody would be able to optimize it even more.

--
Ciao, \
P. \ PGP public key available.

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/