[stella] Qb: Release candidate 2.08

Subject: [stella] Qb: Release candidate 2.08
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 00:34:27 +1100
Here is yet another release candidate... version 2.08.

This release addresses the issues Manual has raised - in particular

* game now handles RESET console switch by restarting game
* You can't sit on ANY level and munch fruit forever.  As soon as the
tableaux changes (and your score starts to count down), I no longer award
points/lives for fruit eating.  You should be working, not eating.... lunch
break is over.

Also, this version fixes the VSYNC (6 lines) problem that Eckhard reported.

I also adjusted the timing of the flashing around the target area... it was
a bit wonky, and out of synch (the top/side sections appeared to flash
separately).

I have also tried a little experiment:  this version cuts down the speed of
the jump to 3/4 normal speed.  The original seemed a little fast on my PAL
machine, and was probably impossibly fast on an NTSC.  I can easily slow it
down to 1/2... but I'm happy with it as it is now (@3/4).  Could I please
have some immediate feedback from people on the jump speed?  Is it better
than it was?  Should it be even slower?

Attached, a TEST version with the jump at 1/2 speed (NTSC only).   How does
this compare with the above?

Cheers

see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
                                                              @--> v