Re: [stella] Calling all...

Subject: Re: [stella] Calling all...
From: Stirling Newberry <stnewberry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 07:03:39 -0400
I think what Randy is doing is equivalent to the publisher that John Paul Jones used for his Zooma album.... It's an arrangement that favors the artist/programmer rather than the publisher.

Another analogy might be and their disc-making facilities.

Not any more - now they charge $4 dollars to make the CD, $3 dollars to ship it, and the remainder gets split 50/50. Which has drastically cut the number of CD orders for many mp3 artists.

Randy's doing something as much out of love as profit motive, and it shows. is a business and out to make millions of dollars. While, for awhile, the granted favorable terms, that time is drawing to a close. Nothing against specifically - they've always sent their checks to me on time - but it isn't the same situation.

Stirling Newberry

Archives (includes files) at
Unsub & more at