Re: [stella] 2600 emu for GBA

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600 emu for GBA
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:17:07 -0700
At 02:20 PM 6/27/2001 -02-30, you wrote:
The page sounds pretty correct, btw -- I am continually impressed with
what the GBA can do... unfortunately it has pushed me to further delay

This is kinda going off topic, but I was wondering why it is that Nintendo hardware always seems to use an odd number for its featureset. For instance, the Nintendo 8-bit has a color palette of what, 52 colors or something? And the GBA can display 511 colors at once. Neither of these align to an even multiple of 8 bits. It seems really odd.

-