Re: [stella] SCSIcide 1.2: Sound and updated graphics

Subject: Re: [stella] SCSIcide 1.2: Sound and updated graphics
From: Joe Grand <jgrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:48:00 -0400
At 11:59 PM 7/30/2001 -0400, Erik Mooney wrote:
I haven't been keeping up with this game (obviously, heh), so it's
probably a bit late for first impressions.  It's a neat little game,
although it does get real fast real quick.  If you could make the speed
jump between stages 2 and 3 a little more gradual, I'd like it better.
Don't see any obvious bugs.

It's too late for any changes now (at least for the CGE release) - I just burned the ROMs last night and doing my testing and cart production now. Ugh.

As for the speed increases, it really does it every other level (e.g. from 2 to 3, from 4 to 5, etc.) - I was thinking of slowing it down some more, but I'd have to modify the kernel to do so.. Maybe in a future (ack) release?

Also, the colors get to be hard to distinguish at high speeds even on this
computer monitor.  I don't have a 2600 set up on a TV right now to try it
there, but seems that it'd be really hard to distinguish there... Not sure
what you can do about it though.

This has been an issue from the beginning.. I changed the colors a few times to try and make them easier to distinguish.. For me using StellaX, they looked awesome. One of my 2 TVs looked great, too. I guess it all comes down to the variances in the products, which I don't really know how to solve.. Ah well. This game would also suck if you're color blind!

Thanks for the comments..

Joe

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/