Re: [stella] Poker solitaire source, versions 012 & 014

Subject: Re: [stella] Poker solitaire source, versions 012 & 014
From: "B. Watson" <urchlay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:59:33 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Jake Patterson wrote:

> Read the post I sent a couple of minutes ago... the one about the possible
> reverse mode where a) half the spots would be filled randomly at start,
> and b) points created in that initial deal are subtracted from the final.
> It's stuff like that that would add lots of depth and replay value.

Hm, the only bad thing about that for me as a player would be, I'd never
be able to keep track of which cards were randomly placed and which ones
I placed.. if I could figure out a way to mark the random ones...

Another game variation that would be interesting, would be the `sliding
puzzle' game: deal out all 25 cards at the beginning, then on each move
you're swapping the card under the cursor with the one you're moving to..
or possibly leave a blank card, which you move around. Your goal would be
to make the best 10 hands in either a certain amount of time or else a
certain number of moves... In this mode, the left difficulty `pro' setting
cold make the corner cards un-movable...

Also, how about a high/low mode, where you start with no cards dealt,
but at the end of the game your horizontal hands count for positive
points and your vertical hands are subtracted...

There's still the possibility of a 2-player mode (player 1 scores the
horizontal hands, player 2 the vertical).

Hm. So there's more game variations possible than I could think of when
I first started...

B.