Re: [stella] Reflex: Paddle woes

Subject: Re: [stella] Reflex: Paddle woes
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 2 Apr 2004 17:37:44 -0000
> Timer based interrupts would be really nice here, as it is you're probably
>going to need to find a way to slip polling the paddles into your regular
>code. Polling the paddle is quite quick, but it must be at regular intervals.
>The amount of time between polls determines the sensitivity of the paddle

Can anyone provide a guesstimate for the low and high amounts of time
the discharge is likely to take?  In terms of scanlines,
(which is the lower limit of sensitivity for a game that reads the
paddle during the kernal, I'd wager) or in terms of machine cycles?
Obviously, if the answer were "under 30 scanlines" then overscan
would be perfect, but i don't think that's the case, or else people
wouldn't be talking about it so darn much :-)

 "The Wonder Twins had the right idea.  I defy you to think of any crisis
  situation that would not be vastly improved by the presence of a gorilla
  with a bucket of water."   --Maraud