Re: [stella] INV+ Release Candidate 2

Subject: Re: [stella] INV+ Release Candidate 2
From: Albert Yarusso <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 19:51:50 -0500
Hello,

On Apr 7, 2004, at 5:25 PM, Manuel Rotschkar wrote:
When there's only very few (say 4 or less) invaders left, and you have two remaining invaders following each other closely, you can take them out with a single shot. I assume their "death-animation" is done with the players "shot" and in the end when they're getting really fast, they can run into the explosion of their forerunner.

Well, I wouldn't fix this. It's even sort of realistic. Also, I think having something funny like that for the player to discover adds to the charme of the game. (Actually I spent the last 20 minutes to see wether I can take out the last three invaders with a single shot :-) ...didn't succeed - yet...)

I saw this with the previous version. Personally I feel this should be fixed, as in my opinion:

1) It's unexpected behavior, especially if this is the only time it occurs. It will likely appear as a "bug" to some people.
2) The last invaders move the fastest, adding to the challenge of the game. If you can shoot the second-to-last invader and have the last one explode as well, there goes some of the challenge.
3) It's a deviation from the arcade game. :)

Take care,

 ..Al
Albert Yarusso, http://www.AtariAge.com
Atari News, Forums, Media, Guides, and more!