Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Missing messages

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Missing messages
From: Russ Perry Jr <slapdash@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 17:18:14 -0500
At 2:42 PM +0200 9/8/04, cybergoth@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Phew... with [Stella] crumbling to dust under our eyes, is there
> no-ne left in charge?

Geez, it's not so bad...  Also, we don't need to post this stuff
to the list -- send it to me.  People are mailing the list, and
even to Biglist, but I've only gotten one note directly.  Come on!

> Where's Russ for example, last posting from him I've seen was on
> [intvprog]...

I'm still catching up from the holiday weekend.  I've said in the
past that this would happen from time to time.  I'm sorry, but I
do have things to do outside of monitoring this list, so don't
assume that if I don't answer for a couple days that everything
has gone to hell.

Update:

The archives are a low priority right now, but messages aren't
being thrown out.

Messages that don't make it to the list are either 1) being sent
from a non-subscribed address, or 2) being determined to be spam.

In the latter case, I'll try to get an idea of what sort of things
are bad to put in a post, but there are probably some obvious
patterns to avoid (I'd list some possibilities, but I don't want
THIS note to get filtered).

Also, they may not be being marked as spam by Biglist (and therefor
not propogated), but rather by your own ISP(s).  This HAS happened
before (I just checked through some messages I archived).

The "SPAM-LOW" probably came from a post sender (Lee?)...

If there's anything ELSE going on that people are worried about,
please write to me.

PS - Thomas, thanks for the offer to host a similar list, but
I vote against it.  Biglist, while sometimes slow to react to
certain things, has certainly done far more good than bad in
regards to YEARS of hosting Stellalist.
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #114   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729   slapdash@xxxxxxx [NEW!]   VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||