Re: [stella] Missing messages

Subject: Re: [stella] Missing messages
From: Albert Yarusso <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 19:29:07 -0500
Hello,

On Sep 8, 2004, at 7:10 PM, Russ Perry Jr wrote:

At 6:13 PM -0500 9/8/04, Paul Slocum wrote:
The archive search was never properly fixed AFAIK.  The list was
down for weeks recently.  Now two months of archives are missing.

Not missing; they never went up. I think that's an important distinction.

They are still missing as of present--are there plans to put them up?

No, I don't believe that one yet.  If anyone can offer proof of
this, please email me directly with all the details, and I'll look
into it.  A couple people didn't see one email that I and others
DID see.  That's not a Biglist problem.  Another apparently bounced
back to the sender (though they didn't say why).  I've already
said what I think covers a missing post by another poster.

We are running our own mail servers and I did not see the email you are talking about and I highly doubt it's a problem on my end, especially if other people have also reported that email missing. If it's not a Biglist problem, then what would it be?

Considering that they're donating the list for no cost, I think we
can all understand that we'll not be a high priority.  But to say
they have no interest in fixing problems isn't true.  They just
have other things to work on -- like fixing issues from paying
customers.  All of this has come from a major upgrade, and the
paying customers got it first, and are STILL getting it.  We got
in when we did because the Stella server blew up; if not, we'd
still be on the old software.  In other words, they DID push us
ahead on the queue as an emergency case, though still not as
quickly as they would have if we paid.

Just curious, what benefits do paid customers get, and how much does it cost?

Thanks,

 ..Al
Albert Yarusso, http://www.AtariAge.com
Atari News, Forums, Media, Guides, and more!