Re: [stella] Crazy Balloon Update

Subject: Re: [stella] Crazy Balloon Update
From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:20:38 -0500
Hi Dennis!

>> I now have transferred all data for the 16 levels of the arcade and I
>> worked on the behaviour of the enemy that is blowing you away (Levels
>> 10-15).

> It looks good...great job as usual. I do have 2 questions...

Thanks! ;-)

> 1) Why do the moving platforms flicker?

It's the ball. I just made it look like the PF ;-)

The complete playfield would require 4*26=204 Bytes of RAM and so I'm
always reading 3 of the 4 colums from ROM.

The one column that is buffered in RAM is always the one with the face, as
I need to erase the blocks here underneath that sprite.

> 2) I never played the arcade game so excuse this one if it's obvious.
> Why does the screen (including the score) move on some of the levels? Is
> it just a WIP?

It does a similar effect in the arcade. Since the balloon does not follow
the movement of the playfield, those levels are more difficult to play
than the non-moving versions with that layout.

Greetings,
	Manuel