Re: [stella] Clock skew...

Subject: Re: [stella] Clock skew...
From: "C. Bond" <cbond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:45:15 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Jun 17, 2005 12:31 PM
To: stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chris, you wrote:

[snip]

"The Phi0 clock is only used by the 650x.  Everything else is based off
of Phi2.  So the Phi0-Phi2 delay isn't really important to the overall
system."

Yes, but... The Phi0 clock is generated in the TIA from the same clock that
drives the divide-by-four, two-phase H01 and H02 clock. Therefore if the
Phi2 delay is excessive, when it is used for strobing data latches in the
TIA -- well, you can see there could be a problem.

I'll try to scope the lag sometime in the next week or so.  If you don't
hear back by the end of next week, kindly remind me.  :)

-Chris

Thanks.