DSSSList policy question

From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 19:24:25 -0400 (EDT)
A question I have been avoiding since the DSSSList started is whether
or not there should be a restriction on posting about goods and
services such as DSSSL conferences, training courses, books, job
offerings, or CDs of the DSSSL song (http://www.art.com/~joe/dsssl.txt).

The question I am asking every current subscriber is:

   Should the DSSSList allow or discourage posts that are not a
   question, an answer, or information about DSSSL stuff that you can
   get for free?

To vote on this question, send mail to dssslist-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with either:

   Restrict. Questions, answers, and information only

or

   Allow. Do not restrict posts

in the body of your message.

DO NOT send these messages to the list.  You are encouraged to discuss
the question on the list, but votes should go to
dssslist-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Every current subscriber can vote.  Even if you've yet to post to the
list, you still receive every message so you should have a say in what
you want to receive.  Voting will close at 10:00 AM (EDT) on
Wednesday, May 7, and the last vote received from each subscriber will
be counted.

This is not a vote about winners and losers:  you, the subscribers,
will win by deciding what content you want on the DSSSList.

Regards,

Tony Graham